Monday, April 12, 2010

Taking it to the third dimension

Apparently, Cinema 4D is a really intense 3D-graphic rendering program that really eats me alive...I don't even know how to save images. Believe me when I say that the epic CTRL+S never works in this program. I really thought it was a universal command. Cinema 4D just created an exception.

And yes, Cinema 4D is like a 5-in-1 program. When I say 5-in-1, think of Adobe Photoshop (for creating graphics), Flash (for animations), Illustrator (for creating vectors and paths), Premiere Pro (for creating and editing videos) and After Effects (for adding visual effects to videos) combined into one. Add the fact that it's not just two-dimensional or three dimensional...it's four dimensional. It involves time. (But I haven't dwelled into that part yet. I'm still getting into the third dimensional feel.) You also have to know the concepts of perspective, lighting, color and all the other crap...which is just too hard for me to absorb for a short period of time. It takes time. I admit it, I am but a capacitor. Give me charging time.

After several months of attempting to learn how to render 3D graphics using Cinema 4D, this would hopefully be the first step out of thousands to making other 3D graphics. Huzzah! I am finally able to make 3D texts. As pathetic as it sounds, I can only do texts in that monster program. My next target for the moment is to convert the old two-dimensional AECES logo into a three-dimensional graphic which involves me having both Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop + Cinema 4D running all at once. (Talk about a struggling computer RAM.) Someday, I can create one. Just wait for it....(Barney Stinson style). This is going to be...wait for it...legendary.



Apologies for the sucky lighting.

No comments: