Friday, January 11, 2013

not really a year-ender post

...because it's already a new year and it's been a long time since I last wrote here. Long overdue posts waiting! I haven't even blogged about the promised iOS 6 experience but I promise to get back to that in detail when I have the time. IRL, to put things short, there's only one, and only one, thing I hate about the new iOS -- the map. Just please, bring Google maps back...or pray that Google releases their own map application because iOS maps are inaccurate as shiz. Imagine SCTEX ending in a body of water. ohmygod i can't even....

Too many things happened in a span of almost a year. I thought my hibernation period since after the April 2012 board exams would be such a bore because I ate a lot, traveled a lot, watched tv a lot, slept a lot, trained my dog a lot....and I finally learned how to drive (or at least make the car move, with actual passengers, including my chaotic little nephew and niece, to go to an actual destination).

I loved that we also had that great grand family reunion. Finally got together with one of my two closest cousins who went back for a short visit here in the Philippines. after more than a decade. I love that the tradition my grandparents, and their parents and parents' parents, started is still here. Alive and kicking butt. i will forever love this family. Forever-ever-ever-ever *weeeeeeeeeeeee* who's getting so dramatic now. oops.

I guess my hibernation highlight would probably be my job hunting chronicles and how I ended up choosing a career in the telecommunications industry. Who would've thought I'd end up here? HAHAHAHAHA I even mentioned before that it's the last on my list because this career track is too expensive. but it's fun. I never really thought it was. but now I do. or maybe because I feel like everything I've been working and studying for when I was in college wasn't put to waste. All those years. Five years. Five loooooooong years. Everything, I mean everything, we've learned and studied and did --- it's just all there. All. there.

It took me a long time to find ETPIand I never even had the slightest idea that I'd end up being part of it --- as a legit engineer. It was just a random click. If you even look at my list, everything was electronics-related and there's an odd one out. It was this. and I don't regret picking that odd one out. It's definitely an honor to be part of ETPIand, of course, the San Miguel group. (kaya friends, tangkilikin niyo po ang lahat ng San Miguel products para sagana sa Christmas bonus and groceries this Christmas hahahaha chos)

Last but not the least, I met new people. I met new friends. Definitely one of the good ways to wrap-up a good year. 2012 was definitely my year and I have to thank God for it. Thank you, Bro. for every living day. for the license. for the job. for family reunions and all the what nots. for friends, old and new. Hands down to You.

No comments: