Friday, January 29, 2010

Reasons why Apple's iPad fails

My friend Mara told me yesterday that the iPad was out. I was like... "WHAT? What iPad?" But then she continued, "Parang barok na iPod lang eh. Hahaha."



  1. NAME
    That introduction explains it all. Good heavens, can you think of another name? It just sounds so... wrong. If only the iPad could talk, or scream, it would probably tell us in bold capital letters that "I'M NOT A MISPRONOUNCED IPOD! I'M CALLED IPAD, OKAY?"



  2. DESIGN
    4 iPhones/iTouch = 1 iPad

    Is that all I can get? I seriously thought Apple is creative. In terms of the design of their gadgets, I worship them. They've seriously revolutionized the WHITE as their trademark color. Apparently, that thick black border just looks horrible for me, they could've added my #3 reason why the iPad failed so much. And as much as I don't want seeing a structure similar to the iPhone...it DID.



    It's got this same QWERTY keyboard the iPhone/iTouch had. But let's just admit that it's kind of hard to type on a touch screen using with that kind of keyboard. Even I find typing letters on my iPhone too hard. How about holding the iPad on your lap? Then it would be the only comfortable way I could possibly think to type neatly. I'm not rich to even spend money for a wireless Apple keyboard.

  3. CAMERA
    Look at the structure of the iPad. It's big enough to put a camera in. I seriously think Apple should've put thought into the design and the structure of this thing. At least a 3-MP autofocus camera similar to the iPhone 3G-S would do. But NO.

  4. PRICE
    Read their tagline at the very first image.
    "Our most advanced technology in a magical and revolutionary device at an unbelievable price."
    Yeah, really...that price is unbelievable. For a 16-32-64 GB combo, $499? I could have gotten an iTouch or iPhone...it's got the same capacity.

  5. MULTI-TASKING, where art thou?
    Let's face it. We just love to multi-task. What kind of netbook cannot multi-task? ZOMG. Nuff said.

  6. USB, playing hide and seek with multi-tasking too
    Is this a capitalist way of saying that we should buy that damn home dock of yours so we could transfer files and other junk in this netbook? Could you just take a second look on those docks? Aren't they too big to be PORTABLE?



  7. 1 iPad is to 4 iPhones/iTouch


    With an OS similar to the iPhone, hello. I could watch videos, listen to songs...read an eBook. You couldn't put anything but compatible apps that have been Apple-branded. In short, they're just owning it all. Yes, how capitalistic.

  8. FLASH, FLASH, FLASH
    ...and Java, for that matter. Internet browsing just isn't complete with these two, and a lot more.

  9. CAPACITY
    16, 32, 64 GB. Okay, how many files could I store with these? My school projects and presentations wouldn't fit. I'm the type that couldn't care less about file sizes because I'm up for quality, especially in graphic design and doing my (zzz) laboratory reports, as it contains a lot of images. What more if you'd be adding all those capitalist Apple-exclusive apps, the iBook, Keynote presentations and all the other junk you want to put in it. It's just too limited for me.

    And lastly, the processor is 1 GHz. Okay, I worship them because they owned their A4 chip. Hands down. But holy macaroni, Intel had already 2.+ GHz processors out there...a long time ago before the iPhones and the iTouches went out in the market. Small much?

  10. SD card, hello?
    It's supposed to be portable. We all know there's no USB but they could at least add an SD card slot to this thing.

iPhone went out of the market a few years ago and it's features just put several things into one: a cellphone to communicate with the world, a music player, a digital camera, a videocam, a gaming console, a document reader, a web browser. It's a more convenient way of having all your files in such a small thing, I don't have to carry my heavy laptop anymore.

But what has iPad replaced? It has basically copied the design of the iPhone and the iTouch, including most of the features. Although they improved the battery power, employed they're very own and revolutionary microchip and added some more features...there's just no difference with this replacing things the iPhone already did.



If I'm being too mean, I'm sorry, Apple and Apple fans. This is just what I see out of your newest "magical and revolutionary technology." I always thought Apple is one of the best innovators in Earth. It's what our innovation professor implanted in our minds. As innovative as it is, the features are just too lacking, for me. Maybe I expected too much from Apple. Is that really it? But oh well, there's always room for improvement. So...good luck on that.

No comments: