Monday, February 1, 2010

Sparkling people to death

It's funny how vampire novels and such kinds of literature became so popular ever since Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series started sparkling people to death, in the name of Edward Cullen.

The vampires successfully made it into the limelight, they're now at the top of our so-called pop culture. Before, I was really into Twilight. I admit that and I'm not ashamed of it. But weeks and months after the showing of the first movie, people started screaming like crazy and they've seriously become dazzled and blinded by the sparkling vampire hero, Cullen. Slowly, I started to think that Twilight is becoming overrated and I lost interest. Seriously now, Twilight? Ugh.

I was wandering around National Bookstore one day, as usual, and went to the book section even though I'm not planning to buy anything but a refill of my wasted G-tech pen that fell to the ground by accident. I just enjoy lurking around here because of the air-conditioning and there's so much to see (and suddenly makes you want to buy something that's not on your list). When I reached the circular tables where they sell those best-seller titles and teen lit shiz, I found these on one table...



Vampire novels on one table? Really, now? I was expecting some classic and more awesome novels like A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Chronicles of Narnia and The Spiderwick Chronicles which seem to be on this table before it got replaced by stories of fanged blood-sucking creatures.

I don't really have anything against vampire novels. What I just want to say is that ever since Dracula, it was only until now -- the Twilight series era -- that vampire novels came out again. Or I just didn't noticed? IDK. But they have replaced those titles I've mentioned above.

They have replaced CS Lewis and Lemony Snicket on that special table?

I was supposed to be buying one of those titles I've mentioned some time last month but I wasn't able to find one because they got replaced by these vampire books. How I wish Voldemort would come into life, go to National Bookstore and sparkle these vampires to death.

Voldemort is bad-ass like that.

No comments: