Friday, July 30, 2010

Obligatory Self Portrait Post

I haven't been blogging lately. RAWR. I've been dumped with tons of school work and org promotions...which explains the whole Promo and Pub team getting sick. We were like Vincent/Hiei of Ghost Fighter/Yu Yu Hakusho...using our powers at full blast and losing all the remaining power left. As if we're superheroes in a fictional anime.

At the moment, we're working on our thesis about low-cost unmanned aerial vehicles which involves design and fabrication of low-cost rotorcraft as mobile wireless network nodes. Simply put, we're building an artificially intelligent aircraft with four rotors (rotating blades) with a camera attached to its body and can self-navigate, balance itself, learn how to move to and from places, communicate with other units of the same kind...and can be controlled using a wireless remote using the Arduino microcontroller.

This Saturday, we'll be doing a test flight to check the batteries, its inertial components and the flight range. Aeronautical engeering (and geekiness) at its best. Huzzah!


And this was me before I had my haircut (again) during the ECCE Orsem, last June before the classes start.

No comments: