Wow! It's been almost a week since our second semester started and what welcomed me was those 3 pretty thick books in Physics, a cute Filipino book, a recycled Literature book from my roommate (Thanks, Ate Tin!), my recycled Precalculus book from my previous Math18a class, and a new bound English book.
I was so damn bored last night and I decided to wrap everything up, but since I only got a limited amount of my stupid estimation on the handcrafted paper I bought from the bookstore -- thinking that it was just enough for those books.
The wrap was Harry Potter hard-bound books inspired. Harry Potter is just in close proximity again now that the trailer for the fifth movie has been released. (Oh really?!) Yes. And I am soo excited for that, I just wanna be one of the first persons in the cinemas again.
Back to the books, the wrap was also inspired by Sir de Lara's suggestion of the cover of our previous Linear Algebra notebook. Two-colored cover -- lengthwise. Seems like a striped bumblebee, black and yellow.
Two colors made up the cover. Also, inspired by the university color and the university's rival's color... the CLASH: BLUE & GREEN. I added a touch of simple creativity that is why I used a handmade paper made of abaca. The fact that abaca fiber is strong made me have a hard time adding the torn effect on the division between the colors. Complicated explanation, I guess, but I am so blushed when people saw those books wrapped... I was filled with complements.
Back to old school: don't you think that those books make me look like a high school student with several books on her bag? In case you ask, I did NOT used a backpack bag wayback elementary and highschool.
Ask in college, I bought one for the sake of my books. Lockers make me sick so I don't feel like having one. In my schedule, it's better to relax or do something for my next class. It goes the same for my blockmates --- none of them have lockers.
Physics is the only subject for Tuesdays and Thursdays but it is with these days that my bags are so heavy compare to my MWF classes that's only a third of the weight of T-Th's.
I'm really back to old school.
FACT: Books are heavy --- literally, by weight, and figuratively, by its content.
No comments:
Post a Comment