Friday, February 12, 2010

One major panic moment

I almost lost my iPhone today and got marked a "cut" by my teacher because she said I was out for more than 10 minutes (running for my phone's existence).

It was History class, in Berchman's. I didn't notice leaving my phone behind because I thought I had it in my bag already. After that class, I went to my next class, Theology. Few minutes after, I was checking my bag and noticed that my phone isn't in any of the pockets.

SHIT.

I was panicking and deliberating with myself: should I go out now to look for it or leave after class? I have a test afterwards for Philosophy so I opted to get out of the room and run for dear iPhone's precious life.

I went to SEC-C for my blockmates who're at a Tugon event. JP might have kept the phone because he was texting somebody with it a while ago. My old blockmate, Krister, was there too -- dear blockmates: thanks for revealing something to him. < / sarcastic >

I ran towards Berchman's with JP and went back to our previous classroom. There was no one inside except for some random guy using his laptop near the door. I was sitting on the far end of the corner of the room, and BOOM! I can breathe normally again. My phone was there, sitting quietly on my seat.

Good heavens. That was one major panic moment.

When I returned to class, my seatmate told me my teacher said she'll be marking me as CUT because I was already out for more than 10 minutes. After class she talked to me, still with the microphone on and the class hearing the conversation. She thought I was sick. I said I'm not but I had to go out because I have to go back for my phone which I left in my previous classroom before this. She said I should have done it after class. (BUT HELLO, I WAS SAVING MY PHONE'S LIFE. IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN LOST IF I RAN FOR IT AFTER CLASS.)

I did not regret having the cut. Who would, when your phone's life costing more than half of your semestral tuition fee is in peril?

ME.

No comments: