Friday, November 19, 2010

Me and the moon

I haven't been posting recently not because school started, and not because I'm always out eating and making myself fat (but it was futile). I have been busy doing all things for AECES. Tons of promos are all lined up. We need to exhaust the awesome talents of our design team...but apparently, they're all missing-in-action. I need to ambush them ASAP. Srsly. I have been flooding my AVP with design tasks they should be doing. I know it's kind of not the way I want to, considering he's just a newbie in the executive board but...we have no choice. I'm helping him with the design jobs too. It's what I love.

I confess that I really missed designing since it was my job last year...until I've thought of this plan of dividing our department into teams (what I learned from being the head of DP in Orsem). I can't help but design. It's what we'll be doing until we get the team back in action, and add a couple of members from the training pool.

As for the other teams, I am really happy that they're all "in action" and even though it's not the pace I wanted, I'm still happy and proud of them. I know they're all awesome, like Barney. We just have to know how juice these awesomeness juices in them. I've thought of a way to maximize the efforts of everyone. The video production team has been piled up with a lot of teaser videos...so I thought of asking the photography team to do a video. YES. A video.

We started shooting for this promotion video. I guess you're wondering why ask a photography team for a video. What we did was actually an animation. A compilation of pictures made into a video at a very fast frame rate.

STOP MOTION. But not your ordinary stop motion. We're doing it using light painting. Slow shutter speed, no light --- except for a flash to unhide some things, and a flash light to write on air. This night, it was just us...and the moon. I really loved how the moon hid amongst the branches of these trees in the school so I took Alvin's camera and had this.


I'm really excited to finish this animation with Elaine and Alvin ... and hopefully be able to produce one of the most tedious and awesome promotions we've ever made since AECES history.

Cheers.
\m/

FOR ART!

No comments: