Monday, February 18, 2013

A tea party with the mad hatter, the bunny and the Cheshire cat

My friends invited me to a spontaneous Sunday afternoon out to try the new cupcake shop in Glorietta 4, Vanilla Cupcake Bakery. I was too amazed and enchanted by the "Alice in Wonderland" feel of the place itself so I'd let the pictures do the talking.


Cupcake menu!

The moment I entered the shop, this cute and colorful fondant immediately caught my eye.

Cake-ception. A fondant cake with cakes on it.

Loving the V on most of the cupcakes. This place and I are truly meant to be.

It took me more than 30 minutes to decide on which cupcake I would order and I ended up choosing Vanilla Pink (top) and Coffee Walnut Salted Caramel (bottom). It's pink. and the other one is coffee flavored. So me.

We also ordered earl grey tea for that complete tea party vibe. The tea pot is so cute and adorable, it even has a matching tea cup at the bottom!

Cupcake overloooooooooad!
(L-R) Coffee walnut salted caramel, vanilla pink, red velvet, luscious chocolate, banana nutella.
They have a variety of flavors ranging from vanilla to chocolate to fruity to coffee to cheesecake-inspired cupcakes. I like the concept of the wooden utensils. I wasn't able to take a picture of it but imagine your popsicle sticks molded as a knife and fork to slice and eat your cupcakes.

As this is my first time to try their menu, I'd say the cupcakes are just the right amount of sweet. Vanilla pink tastes like, well, vanilla with a hint of light fruity strawberry taste while coffee walnut salted caramel is a mix of nutty, sweet and salty.

The furniture inside were also really adorable, it completed the whole Alice in Wonderland tea party vibe.

Quilted print sofas

Bright orange/gold and teal-turquoise print chairs

Cozy cutesy interior
Crystal lights and lamps all over the ceiling

All in all, I can say that my Vanilla Cupcake Bakery experience was amazing, and adorable. I can't get over that wonderland tea party feel because it's all I felt while we were inside eating our yummy cupcakes and drinking our tea. I can't wait to try all their other cupcakes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey via! - chaii