Monday, June 4, 2007

Post-Reading Effects

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN The Lost Prophecy
“The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches… born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies… and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not… and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives… the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies…” [p. 841]

As I finished re-reading the fifth book for the third time, I came again into some things to ponder on for the seventh book. You see, it's good to make a flashback of all these things, and thinking of reading the sixth book again [would not be much of a 'big' deal, but school is getting around the corner so better save reading books for that] is a plan that I've been thinking lately if I am to continue this sh*t or not.

Reading the prophecy again, I can say that..
  • Indeed, Dumbledore rocks.
  • Since Harry Potter and Neville Longbottom were both born on before the seventh month dies, there could also be the possibility of having Neville in a bigger picture in DEATHLY HALLOWS. Both their parents, who are also members of the Order of the Phoenix, have defied Voldy thrice. However, it is only Harry who had this mark that Voldy made 'to treat as his equal,' which Dumbledore said is 'the final identifying feature of the boy who lived to vanquish the Dark Lord.'
  • There can be a possibility of Sirius coming back into action in DEATHLY HALLOWS. But how? That, I dunno. Maybe as Snuffles. :P
  • There is something in Harry we have yet to discover. Duuh. But, yeah, something that incorporates his parents' characters, most especially Lily.
  • I am currently thinking of the horcruxes right now, but they were mentioned mostly in the sixth book which I have to consider that I am being hit again by laziness and is still thinking ten billion gazillion times of reading it again.

...such a nice activity to dwell with in the remaining days of my two-week summer vacation.

No comments: