Tuesday, November 25, 2008

IC: Integrated Cluelessness



OMG. This is probably the first laboratory activity in which we had no idea of what to do for almost half the period of this 2-hour class. LOGIC GATES = ???

We're as chaotic as the wiring of these integrated circuits connected together to form the f*cking design for a house alarm.


NOTE: The picture on the right is Nico and JP's wiring. Elaine and I wired the one below, and yes, we only used 3 IC's. Haha.



The hell with these IC's...and to all those 14 sharp pins. I remembered last year, when I was a sophomore...my hand got punctured by a stupid IC chip.


The good thing about this is we finished 1/3 of the activity right after the last bell, just about time...although the next batch of people are there --- they seemed to be nervous about the activity because we're still not finished...and we all have those panicking faces. There's still part 2 and 3. Elaine and I are done with simplifying the equation and designing the logic gates... and we're left with the hard part for the second part Photobucket wiring the IC's.

And yes, of course, they always save the best for the last: a combination of all the things in part 1 and 2, except that this time instead of using 5 logic gates (AND, OR, NOT, NOR, NAND), we're only allowed to use NAND. Photobucket Shiz.

But anyway, as always, we're still amazed with the logic probe --- that gray "injection-like" thing. And, voila --- part 1! Photobucket For two hours, Elaine and I kept hiding that blank face to our professor...and yet we still made the circuit for that house alarm crap.

So much for IC's...


No comments: