My life was an unending,unchanging midnight. It must, by necessity, always be midnight for me. So how was it possible that the sun was rising now, in the middle of my midnight?
At that time I was a vampire.
~Edward Cullen
It's good to read a novel from different points of view. At least, knowing how each character thinks. At least, the omniscience is not limited. Reading the Midnight Sun, although I know it's not yet out in the shelves at this point in time, is like a pure translation of Twilight...only that the one narrating is the ever gorgeous, perfectly-described Greek god-looking, granite-hard and cold skinned vampire Edward Cullen...
...and that it's much longer than Twilight.
*Imagine that my copy of Midnight Sun is almost the same as the length of Twilight... but Midnight Sun only ended in the part where it didn't even reach Bella and Edward going to Seattle together...which is what? Not before half of Twilight.*
I don't think my copy just ended there. It somehow tells me that even though the novel is being written from a different perspective, everything happens just the same... that which the idea of two "creatures" being in love with each other makes it just ONE. I didn't sound cheesy at that one didn't I? But it does have a point. Think of it as Edward-can't-live-without-Bella and Bell-can't-live-without-Edward... there's no point of differentiating. Stephenie Meyer already described how deeply in love they are with each other.. and following the other books, even to the point that when Bella was in love with two "creatures" at the same time, it's still okay for Edward as long as Bella is happy.
NOW, why in the world did she make such novel? IT just makes me feel likes it's a written telenovela or something, it makes me cry, jump...and make my heart step out of my rib cage. Geez. The same way I felt for Harry Potter.
No comments:
Post a Comment