The summer classes and most of all, the finals week just sucked big time because...uh, it just sucked. I hate this summer, a huge part of it. My QPI is being eaten by a monster and it's not calling but shouting loudly for help...telling me to double the effort for the coming semester.
My second part of the summer vacation, on the other hand, is one of the most productive vacations I have ever had. We just have to skip me being a couch potato part.
I finished all the seasons of Nodame Cantabile, both the anime and the live action series, and repeated a few episodes from the anime. I just love it. It reminds me of those days that I first chose entering a music conservatory. But then again, they weren't in favor of it, and I realized ECE is a better choice. Just a short story of how I ended up taking ECE as my first choice for all the universities I applied for. I was in junior HS back then. Right after I told them and they told me that it's never gonna happen, I stopped going to music school for my senior year and just got busy applying in universities. I still love music even if it's not what I chose a long time ago.
Having said that, Nodame inspired me to study piano, again, even if it means I should just do self-study... even if our piano sucks because it really really needs tuning and repair. It hasn't been tuned and repaired for almost 11 years. It's a very long time, I know. I hope there are no mice living in there.
I was able to re-study my old pieces, Mozart's Piano Sonata K. 545 1st Movement and Turkish March. Chopin's Grande Valse Brilliante #1 Opus 18. Bach's Two-part Invention #13. Beethoven's Pathetique. A couple of Kuhlau's Sonatinas -- #1 Opus 33 and #3 Opus 55. ALAVET. And of course, a little bit of modern music... Vanessa Carlton's A Thousand Miles and Augustana's Boston.
Aside from that, I'm pretty much useless. I never opened my violin. I even lost to a bet on who would win for French Open. Soderling just failed me...or maybe Federer is very much in the zone for French Open. I shall take revenge on Wimbledon, yes, just wait. The agreement has been made. *evil laugh*
Everyday, I just wake up, eat, watch tv, survive the day and boom --- back to bed again. It's an improvement I only woke up beyond 12nn for three times. HAHA. And that's all for my summer. I think.
First semester, we meet again.
I hope you won't eat me this time.
See you on Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment