
I actually did the Helvetica Neue graphic with a blue color. I realized in the end that blue is too overrated so I just adjusted the hue values a little bit after rendering the final image. This was a re-rendered version of the rendered image. HAHA.

Later on, I realized something in Helvetica that's been mentioned by most of the typography books and sites I've been reading through -- its similarity with Arial. To begin with, Helvetica and Arial have the same font height and width (almost). The graphic below pretty much sums everything up.

Here's a play between Helvetica, Arial and CMYK. I initially made a really formal graphic that shows the difference between Helvetica and Arial but I found the one I made above really plain so I tried playing with colors, orientation, sizes and all the what-nots. If you would notice the title, I used Arial for Helvetica and Helvetica for Arial. ;)

I was supposed to use Illustrator for this. Apparently, my Illustrator won't cooperate and open IDK why so I used Photoshop instead. Most comments in my deviant Art account, particularly in my Helvetica Neue upload, mentioned that it's easier dealing with types in Illustrator rather than in Photoshop. I do hope I could get Illustrator work in my laptop. SOON.
1 comment:
ooooh ganun pala yung sa arial at helvetica! cool!
plus 2 ka na sa portfolio mo. haha
Post a Comment