Sunday, March 27, 2011

because Philippines is a beautiful paradise

Plans and destination suggestions for summer getaways!

Palauig, Zambales
This is where we're going for the AECES formsem in a few days. We had a house rented for P15k/3 days, 2 nights. The beaches in Palauig, according to Google, has off white sand and lesser people (similar to Potipot Island) than the other beaches in Zambales.


I've Googled some places in Luzon perfect for summer getaways and here are some of my top picks -- from the beaches and shorelines in central and southern Luzon to the cold mountains in the north.

Caramoan Peninsula, Camarines Sur
Last night's Twitter topic of our batch -- a possible destination for our summer getaway. Rachel mentioned she can get a discount for us. I am really looking forward to going to this place since my cousin mentioned that it's really beautiful here. The waves from the left and right side of the thinnest part of the island meet with each other. Caramoan peninsula is a white sand beach in Camarines Sur, definitely part of the top 5 beaches in Luzon.
FUN FACT: Caramoan was the venue for Survivor France TV series.



Anawangin, Zambales
Anawangin is one of the most popular camping sites in Luzon especially during the summer. It is a crescent-shaped beach with an off-white sand, an evergreen forest, a stream-swamp and lots of huge beach rocks/cliffs perfect for viewing the sunset located in San Antonio, Zambales. What makes this place a popular camping site is the absence of electricity and other modern facilities and the fact that you have to ride a boat and trek the mountains to go to the beach side.



Baguio City
Although this may not seem to be a new search result, Baguio would definitely be part of my list this year since I already miss this place. Since elementary, I've been living here every summer until junior year of high school. Until then, I haven't walked along the streets of Session Road, picked strawberries in the strawberry farm in LT, Benguet and dropped by PMA (since the death of my cousin). My batchmates and I were talking about going here since most of them have houses here. YAY.


Sagada, Mountain Province
Sagada is definitely another adventure to go to. The road to Sagada is very steep and narrow, not really good for those afraid of heights (like me) but definitely a good place to go during the summer because of the cold mountain weather. You'll be doing a lot of trekking and caves to explore, including that awesome limestone cave.



Tuguegarao City
This is probably one of the hottest places in northern Luzon. It really reminds me of my good old roommates back in ISO dorm. The picture below is Anguib Beach, located somewhere in Cagayan. IDK where my roommates went last time. I wasn't able to go with them because of my summer classes but the beaches in the Tuguegarao/Cagayan area are super awesome -- and a definite member of everybody's summer getaway destinations.


Davao City
The home of durian -- DAVAO! My blockmates, including J-Con, are inviting us for a visit some time this summer for a tour and, of course, a food trip in Davao. And because I love beaches, I definitely want to go to the Davao shores.


1 comment: